Christine here.
Do you all remember how yucky it can be here in November and how there's nothing to do? No fun golf, yucky weather, yuckiness? This is just a suggestion but maybe November isn't the best time to have everyone here--by that, I mean spending money to import people from foreign countries to hang out in yuckiness. What if Dad and Mom went somewhere fun? like California and got to play golf somewhere supercool in November instead? Don't you think Dad would love to play golf on his birthday somewhere like Pebble Beach?
We could maybe still have a small, family-sized party. I guess I'm starting to wonder if Dad would really like a big party. Like I said, totally just a thought, I'm willing to be persuaded either way but I figured preliminary brainstorming could include all sorts of wacky ideas.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am down with Pebble Beach - it may be sketchy with Rebekah as she is knocked up and stuff. I am not sure if she can fly in November - she is going to ask her Dr.
except that it will be much, much more expensive to fly everyone to california and put them up in hotels than it would be to go to potsdam.
Christine:
sorry, I wasn't clear. I wasn't thinking that we all go to Pebble Beach, just Dad and Mom and Cat. This is a multi-part idea. Small party with family here in Potsdam at which we give Dad the gift--a trip to CA and golf. It puts a burden on Cat because she would have to put up with the pair of nuisances and that may not be fair. But I think the trip is something Dad would like and that's mostly all I was thinking. I certainly can't go to CA in the middle of the semester, I will be drowning in grading that week as it is.
Post a Comment