Thursday, August 9, 2007
clarification
Christine here. Ok, I'm just making sure of the plan--we children all come home for the actual day of dad's birth. We have a small party, just family and maybe a few people around here. I'll book a couple of rooms in the Clarkson Inn. We give dad the gift of golf somewhere cool--doesn't have to be Pebble Beach. Pete, what other cool golf place would dad love to play at? You can be in charge of that part, 'kay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Well, I can only think of like 100 golf destinations off the top of my head. I'll think about it and narrow it down a bit! Think Uncle Tony would fly somewhere to play golf with us?
i got a phone call from nellie yesterday saying that no big party, november in potsdam is a drag, etc. etc. fine. whatever. as long as everyone goes home. suz can make a cake, maya can help papa blow out the candles and liam can get in trouble. that's a good birthday as far as i can tell. we can buy dad clubs too if you want, pete. then you can go golfing when the weather's nicer.
Christine here. Nel and I were trying to figure out the guest list yesterday if we did a big party and it got really insane. Really. So this smaller, family thing sounds like a good plan to me. Are we still thinking of bringing Auntie Ev over? Cat, would you be able to buy her ticket? I don't think she's got the money. She wouldn't mind that there's nothing to do in Potsdam in Nov. She can have Dad's bed, Suz and Maya can go downstairs. This means Cat gets her own room in the Clarkson Inn. Oh, and Peter and his crowd have to have rooms somewhere, too. Hmm, maybe I'll get The Horde rooms in one of the other fine hostelries in Potsdam. There are some nice places over ta Norwood, I'm sure. If you get me some idea how long you're staying, I'll get on it.
Maybe we can stay in that camper that Mom rented from Kathy Vienneau!
Maybe I will rent my own RV.
Christine here. Nel informed me that if Auntie Ev doesn't come, then we have enough beds. Dad will sleep with her. Pete and Rebekah will have Dad's bed. Suz, Maya, and Cat will have the beds in the downstairs room. Sean, Liam, and Bailey will have blow-up mattresses in the downstairs living room. I do not think this is ideal although it would be cheaper. I think it's too many of us and not enough bathrooms. Perhaps I am simply a fussy bitch. Auntie Ev may not want to come here in the misery that is the end of Nov. I think we should ask her and let it be her decision. The rest of you, however, have no choice and must be here for miserable Nov. Although, depending on work for those who have 9to5 jobs, perhaps we could do something the weekend earlier? Maybe it would be easier not to travel on Thanksgiving weekend, which as we all know, is an utter bitch to travel. Pete and Suz, could you get off work the week before? Or would that be more trouble than it's worth.
ok, well i haven't been on here in a while. seems a lot of hemming and hawing has been done. of course i can buy auntie ev a ticket. is that still something we're trying to do? i'm also quite happy to stay at the clarkson inn. i am poo shy. --catherine
Christine.
Hemming and hawing are among the things we do best. Mom is going to ask Auntie Ev when she goes over there in two weeks. If Auntie Ev wants to come, then she will come--it seemed to me to make the most sense to leave the decision to her. But knowing you will buy the ticket helps a lot, you are good, Our Cat.
Post a Comment